The year is nearly over! I haven’t written a year in review post yet and it’s 4:30pm on New Year’s Eve! I’m really living life on the edge here.
This year has been kind of tough, but also exciting. I’ve had some rough mental health patches and I’ve really been feeling the pressure from school. To be honest, I would say the main theme of the last year year has been academic work. A-Levels have been taking up more and more time, and this year I’ve gotten a lot more into academia through thinking about what I want to do with my future. I’m sad that some things have had to suffer for this — like, for example, this blog, let’s not lie — but education is very important to me and I don’t regret it. I just hope that in the future I’ll be able to balance both school and life.
Let’s do a bullet-pointed list for the year, shall we? I henceforth also refer to my 2019 goals.
Looking back at 2019
- I turned 18!
- I played D&D!
- I fulfilled my goal of continuing to do theatre tech — I visited Edinburgh for the first time and worked on a show at the Fringe, as well as helping with my school play.
- I started driving lessons, although I’m not very good.
- I voted for the first time.
- I saw Lauren Aquilina, one of my favourite artists, in concert for the first time.
- I met some wonderful blogging friends! Shout-out to Em and Elly!
- I didn’t blog once a month, as I’ve already touched on, but I’m okay with that.
- I actually have prepared for my future. I’ve submitted by uni application and hopefully I’ll be studying classics this time next year. I’m super excited!!
- I mean… I’m not sure if I fulfilled my goal of taking care of myself. I’ve tried but also sometimes you just feel not great and there’s no getting around that. I think that next year I should learn how to ask for help sooner rather than literally at the point of crisis.
- Eh…I didn’t really spend less time on social media, oops.
- I’ve come out to more people but I’m pretty sure they’ve all forgotten because people just revert to calling me a girl and I never correct them because I hate confrontation, so.
- I think I did get into some new music this year! Go me!
Looking ahead to 2020
- I want to complete my A-Levels and get a place at university.
- I want to play more D&D and board games with my friends.
- Maybe stop just browsing Youtube all the time, lol.
- I’d like to keep up my clarinet and actually enjoy it rather than making it a chore.
- I want to continue eating less meat — I’ve definitely cut down on this (I have done so mainly for environmental reasons) so I’m just keen to keep that going.
Not gonna lie, I probably had some more goals but I am tired and I have a head-ache right now! I guess I can update you later or something. I have also used so many exclamation marks in this post. Happy new year, friends!