What people say vs what they mean: you know those times when people say one thing and mean another? Well, here is your guide to what they’re actually saying. It’s hilariously true.
What people say:
1. Oh…never mind
What people mean:
1. If you had bothered to listen, you would have understood! Uh, I can’t be bothered to tell you again.
Go read the rest of it here.
Hey, it’s Anna again! First of all, I must apologize for my weirdness in my introductory post. I also apologize for the weirdness in this post, too.
I don’t usually watch horror movies, for the simple reason I get terrified extremely easily, but also because I notice they seem to always have a recurring theme. (I’ve learnt some very important life lessons from films, so pay attention…)
- People in scary films, are, in fact, idiots. It honestly doesn’t matter if they are super clever or intelligent in the actual film, because if anyone enters a spooky deserted mansion, they will automatically switch to being utter nutcases. Like this-
- The characters are guaranteed to call out, “Hello? Anyone there?” or something stupid like that. Seriously, the murderer isn’t going to pop out of a closet, wave while brandishing an ax, and say, “Oh, yeah, hi there! Just waiting to kill you in a random closet! Go on, get back to screaming hysterically! Have a nice day…”
- Some moron will have a handy idea, and suggests everyone should split up. This is a bad idea.I don’t even need to explain this.
- Hiding under the table/blanket/bed will not make you immune to being murdered, I’m afraid to say. Apologies if I just crushed your hopes.
I’ve been ill all week, so that’s all I can write for the moment. Bye, Anna! x Paint.the.Sky (my blog)
I have recently been thinking about the fact that love tends to conquer all in stories…
Read the rest of my guest post on Paint the Sky.
Apple: Hello, people of the world. This post is going to be mostly written by my awesome friend who blogs over at Paint.the.Sky. She is going to share some of her mind with you.
I’m just testing this guest post thing out, but I’m hoping to make it a regular feature so if you just send me an email/comment then perhaps we could we you up here! And now, I shall pass the baton on to Anna…
Anna: I’m not good at introductions. I think that goes without saying for me. Whenever I guest blog (i.e- never) I’m pretty much like this;
“OK. Right, I’m going to ace this. When I’m done, my/this blog is going to have 1,000,000,000,000 views. Or something with a lot of zeros…”
Ten minutes later
“What should I say? Hi? Hello? How many exclamation marks should I put? Or does that make me sound like I’m permanently hyper? Sorry, I’ll rephrase- more permanently hyper. Meh, my grammar is evidently dying. Oooh, ‘evidently’ is a good word.” And why on earth am I talking to myself? *Thumps head against desk*
Etc. You know, that doesn’t really put me in a very good light. Phhhhtttt, dignity? Nah.
Basically, I’m Anna, Apple’s friend and completely insane companion.
Phew, I need to lie down. Anyways, hi and goodbye!