I just adore talking about book covers, and it’s that time again y’all! I am here to flail about 7 wonderful covers of recent or upcoming YA books, and I am so excited. (Also, all these are either cool books I’ve read or cool books I would like to read.) It was super difficult for me to pick just 7 because uGHH SO MANY. But, you know, I’ve got to keep that brand consistency of lists with 7. The things I do for you. *shakes head*
1. Release by Patrick Ness It took me several months of looking at the poster I have of this cover on my wall to realise that the river also outlines two faces looking at each other. I know, right?!? IT’S AN OPTICAL ILLUSION. Anyway, yeah, the shades of green are great, I love that it’s so clean and just, mmm. Such a good cover. (I managed to find a nearly-new hardback in the charity shop and IT WAS SO EXCITING. Hardbacks are just so pretty.)
2. When Dimple Met Rishi by Sandhya Menon I sometimes dislike covers which use photos, especially of faces, but this one is SUPER COOL. It’s so aesthetic, it’s cool to see Dimple on the cover (and yes for more PoC on book covers because we need that!!) and also that writing on the coffee cup combined with the font of the author’s name? So great. I love me some good fonts.
3. We Are Okay by Nina LaCour This book always looks so beautiful in photos. *heart eyes* The colour combination of the blue and pink in the illustration is so nice, and the drawing itself is kind of surreal but also cool; I love the drawing style. It makes me so curious about this book!
4. The Gentleman’s Guide to Vice and Virtue by Mackenzi Lee Hey, those doodles and doodle-y font? I LOVE THEM. MY ACTUAL FAVOURITE. Such a good font choice. Everything works well. Gives off a teen movie-vibe. Honestly, when will I get round to reading this book. (Answer: probably when it comes out in paperback.)
5. Wild Beauty by Anna-Marie McLemore I feel so lucky to own this hardback because IT. IS. GORGEOUS. Props to whoever designed this — not only is the actual cover image beautiful, but it has such nice phsyicality. Impressions of the flowers on the dustjacket! Gold foil title underneath! The end-papers are such nice paper! The font for the chapter titles! To be honest, it’s just beautiful to fit such a beautiful book.
6. Want by Cindy Pon Firstly, this book sounds super awesome and it’s terrible that I haven’t read it yet. Time to go bug the library more to reserve it. Anyway, this illustration is so beautiful; I love the glowy neon title and general vibe and also the reflected lights just asdfjkl awesome.
7. History is All You Left Me by Adam Silvera For once I…like the UK cover more, I think? The illustrations of water are so effective, and also reflects the story without being super spoilery if you get me. Plus, I believe I’ve seen a special shiny WH Smith edition which is cool.
I hope you enjoyed my rambling about the pretty covers! It’s nice to be writing about books again. 🙂 At the moment I’m hoping to keep up the Wednesday posting schedule I have going on, so stay tuned for another post here this time next week. *nods*