Hellooo! Today I’m super excited to share a new project that hopefully lots of you can join in with. (Instead of listening to my general long rambles and being bored.) (Well. I HOPE NOT. :P)
Finding Our Feet is a project by and for teens & young people. It was created by Em @ Adventures of a Lost Teen, with help from myself and Victoria @ Addlepates and Booknerds. We’re aiming to compile a short video with clips and advice from all of you guys about the struggles of growing up and finding our place. We’re hoping that through this we can find shared experiences and give some support around the teen blogging community. 🙂 Being a young person is never easy, but *cue music* WE’RE ALL IN THIS TOGETHER.
And this is where the feet part comes in! We’re asking you to send in a clip of you walking anywhere you like to accompany the message you submit. I know a lot of people would prefer not to show their face, and it fitted reall well with the theme of ‘finding our feet’. (Literally. This is all a massive pun and I LOVE IT.)
how exactly can you get involved?
Okay, so as I mentioned if you’d like to participate we’re asking for two pieces of information from you:
- A 10-20 second clip of you walking as an email attachment
- A short written message of advice or support for other young people or an inspirational quote
And then send both of these to firstname.lastname@example.org by 31st July.
a couple of tips
- You can film your clip on whatever you like — a phone is perfectly fine! — as long as it’s got your feet walking. (You can check out an example clip that Em made below.) We’re hoping to get as much variety as possible so feel free to get creative with where you’re walking! (As long as it’s not dangerous. SAFETY FIRST,PEOPLES.)
- Regarding the length of your clip: as I said, it can be anywhere between 10 and 20 seconds, but remember that your message must be read out over your clip. So if you’ve got a slightly longer message then go for a longer clip! We can always cut clips down, but trying to make the words fit in a short time period is a lot more difficult.
- Send your video in an attachment, but send your message written! We’ve decided to have a few readers saying the messages rather than asking you to send in audio clips yourself. 🙂
- If you’re sending in a quote and it’s been said by a particular person, it would be wonderful if you could include a source.
Here’s Em’s wonderful example!
Message: “never let other people tell you your dreams are impossible”
Now all that’s left is for you guys to participate! Its open to all young people wherever you are, and we’re accepting clips + messages until 31st July. The final video should be up sometime in August. We hope to see as many submissions as possible! 😀