My favourite of recap-y posts is getting to look at your old goals. OH GOSH. I was so young and innocent then. *shakes head* (I wanted to figure out the school system in the US. And Carry On was still a distant dot on the horizon.) I do feel like I’ve grown a lot this year — and I’ll probably look back at this post and laugh at my clichés, but it’s true. SO MUCH HAS HAPPENED IN JUST A YEAR.
Looking back at 2015
- (Damn. I still think it’s basically 2012. I have no idea how I’ll get used to writing the new date.)
- Both of my top posts were somehow Rainbow Rowell posts? (The one where I talked about the Eleanor & Park movie, and the one where I talked about Carry On). Obviously the people searching Rainbow Rowell books have come to the right place: WELCOME, FRIENDS. I am here to flail with you.
- Some other posts I’m proud of are my 7 British words that aren’t ‘bloody’ — which ironically I now say a lot! — and my discussion of parallels between Harry Potter and real world issues. You can see the WordPress report of my year in blogging here!
- I changed my blog theme. I mean, I do need a new photo after my haircut. 😉 But I’m really happy with the design itself, and I hope you guys are liking it!
- Well. The UK General Election happened. I don’t talk about current affairs very much on here, but…eh. I wasn’t that impressed with a lot of the new actions. So that was all a bit of a downer.
- Last year I said I wanted to complete a writing project, which I didn’t, despite doing NaNoWriMo twice. (Don’t worry, you didn’t miss a second November. I speak of Camp NaNo!) Completing that would have been nice, but…hopefully in 2016? I also do feel like I spent time growing my poetry, so. My excuse. 😉
- I joined SO many fandoms. I fell in love with Les Mis in April and…yeah. Now I talk a lot about dead French revolutionaries. And through that I discovered other great musicals like Hamilton and Rent! Plus, I got super into Alice Oseman’s Solitaire, and I’m really excited for the release of Radio Silence early next year.
- THE SIMON SNOW FANDOM HAS EXPLODED. I think the release of Carry On totally deserves its own bullet point, right? The fandom has basically gone from a few familiar faces where everyone reblogged everything in the tag to a lovely community of people excited by Simon and Baz and Agatha and Penny and Ebb.
- I did complete my Goodreads challenge, but I feel like I’ve read a lot less this year. You can see my year in books here. 🙂 I’ve been reading so slowly since the start of school in September… I’m kind of considering the possibility that I read the same amount of fanfiction as books? I have read a lot of fanfic. *coughs*
- I went to my first ever convention, as well as two more! I’M SO HAPPY I DID. I’ve enjoyed all my cons massively, and I’m hoping to go to as many in the future as possible! Although sadly I’m missing YALC — I chose to go on my Girlguiding trip instead, which should still be fabulous. 🙂
Looking forward to 2016
- I want to improve my cosplays! And generally do all the fandom things. But I’d really like to learn more about the sewing aspect of cosplay, and maybe cosplay a character with a more complicated costume. (In May I’m hoping to cosplay Jehan from Les Mis! Right now I’m attempting to make a pattern for the waistcoat oh gosh. XD)
- MOOOORE WRITING. Always. I have so many ideas that I’d like to write. And I really haven’t been doing much poetry recently so…I want to get back into that.
- I want to continue learning Japanese — so far I’ve basically just learnt a few basic phrases and the hiragana characters. Um. Yeah. I’d love to get a little more decent at that.
- I want to watch all the things I’ve been itching to watch. Old Doctor Who episodes. Once Upon a Time. Star Wars. Mr Robot. SO MANY MUSICALS.
- I’d love to attend more bookish events, hehe. Seeing authors speak is amazing.
Thank you to all the lovely people who’ve read my posts, commented, talked to me — Evi, Michelle, Alyssa, Nirvana, Elly, An Overthinking Teenager, Bridget, Elm, and so many more — I APPRECIATE YOU SO MUCH. Thank you for all the fabulous blogs I’ve been reading over the past year. (I might have to do a whole list. There’s a lot.) ❤ I hope that 2016 will be a good year for all of us.