I’m looking at the quality of this photo now, and wincing. Ah well. Dark afternoons are the price we must pay for the holiday season, it seems. On with my November favourites!
1. The Raven Boys Cycle by Maggie Stiefvater I got all three published books out of the library (why not?) and devoured them in less than a week. The cover for The Dream Thieves was particularly beautiful.
2. The Graveyard Book I had to return this one to school, but I put an image of the cover in there anyway. I think that it was more of a children’s book than I am used to, but it was still wonderful. Neil Gaiman is an excellent author.
3. Mockingjay Part 1 Yes, yes, that is a mockingjay pin; it’s just a little small. I wore it to the movie, which in my opinion was as good as the others, if not better. (Although a tad *coughs* more gloomy, like the book.)
4. The Body Shop gingerbread body butter This makes me smell like a Christmas candle. LOVE.
5. NaNoWriMo I completed my goal, yay! You will note that neither the novel title nor the author name are on my certificate, and that is because a) I have not yet decided on a title b) I blanked my name out. (Yeah, no. Don’t think you’re getting it out of me that easily. 😉 )
6. Matchy-matchy oyster card cases The blue one is from my last trip to the Japanese Matsuri, and the pink one is from my most recent one. I didn’t see a chocolate one, unfortunately, but I’ll look out for it next time.
7. Rulers Granted, this is not exactly a favourite, but: do you know how many rulers I have lost in the last month? Three. THREE. Including my nice fold-out one from Muji. 😦